Today’s guest for my feature is Kaysie from Blessedly Bookish!
1. Tell me a little about yourself
Hello! I’m Kaysie and my blog is Blessedly Bookish. I am a speech therapist by day and book nerd by night.
2. How did you get into blogging?
Living in South Georgia (USA) where football is king, I am in the minority as a book lover. One night I explained a complex novel to my husband just to share a plot twist. I realized there had to be a better way. I started my blog to connect with others who squeal in excitement when their OTP finally gets together and pitch books across the room when their favorite character dies.
3. Who are some of your favorite authors?
I tend to read mostly fantasy and historical fiction. Sarah J. Maas, Kerri Maniscalco, Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Colleen Hoover (romance) come to mind. I know the second I send this I will think of five authors I should have included.
4. Has reading inspired you to write? If yes, how so?
I haven’t really shared this yet, but I have written a novel. It isn’t published and I’m beginning the Query process. It is honestly one of the scariest things I’ve ever done. I have always set my goals safely within my comfort zone and have never attempted anything when wasn’t certain I would succeed.
5. Do you have any tips for bloggers?
Don’t compare. It is easy to get discouraged when you read other bloggers posts and they talk about their millions of views and followers. Your blog is unique and success is measured in so many ways.
6. What are some of your favorite genres?
I’m a Harry Potter kid who never really grew up. Fantasy will always be my go to genre, however, I do love historical fiction and the occasional contemporary romance.
7. Do you have any book recommendations?
I have so many! If you check out my blog you can see me obsess over them.
8. Your favorite reads this year?
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart.
9. Blog posts you’re proud of?
With every post I’m discovering more about my particular style. I think my favorites right now are my Grace and Fury book review and my Top Ten Tuesday (9/4).
10. Most anticipated releases of 2018/2019?
Kingdom of Ash. I. can’t. wait.
11. Whats your favorite thing about reading?
With every book I learn something new, whether a little known historical event or just another person’s perspective.
12. A goal you’d like to achieve as a blogger?
I would love to connect with more book bloggers.
You can find Kaysie here: