My guests for today is Hamad over at The Book Prescirption!
1. Tell me a little about yourselves
I am Hamad, a 22 year old guy who is an ENFJ, a Hufflepuff and an aquarius. (I hope that gives you a clear idea about my personality). I am currently surviving my last year in med school!
2. How did you get into blogging?
I have been reviewing on my GR account since 2016. One day earlier this year, I woke up and checked my GR account as I usually do first thing in the morning. And my shelves all had 0 books and all my reviews had disappeared. I was devastated that day and only found out later that day that it was not only me and that it was a site problem and all my books and reviews were restored (Wohoo). I decided that I need to have backup so this does not become a reality and making a blog seemed like the perfect plan!
3. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Leigh Bardugo, Vitoria Schwab, Brandon Sanderson and J.K. Rowling. Fredrik Backman is the newest addition to the list.
4. Has reading inspired you to write? If yes, how so?
Yes, I never thought that I will write anything, but then I said: why not?!
I have a few ideas and it would be cool turning them into stories.
5. Do you have any tips for bloggers?
I am not that expert as I have been blogging for less than half a year, I guess what everyone say is true: Interact with other bloggers, be initiative and don’t hesitate to try new things. My latest tip to myself is that It is OK to take a break or to take things slowly!
6. What are some of your favorite genres?
Fantasy, Contemporary, Thriller and Mystery.
7. Do you have any book recommendations?
I guess we all like everyone to read our favorite books and that would be Six of Crows for me. I also think The Hate U Give,The female of the species and Everything I never told you are all important books.
8. Your favorite reads this year?
- The Well of Ascension
- Watching Glass Shatter
- Bear Town
- Harry Potter and the Order of the phoenix
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
9. Blog posts you’re proud of?
10. Most anticipated releases of 2018/2019?
- Kingdom of Ash
- Muse of Nightmares
I suddenly can’t remember any book!
11. Whats your favorite thing about reading?
I think reading helps me survive med school as mentioned. It is a huge stress reliever for me. I also have brothers who can play musical instruments, who can paint, do sports and my thing is reading 🙂
12. A goal you’d like to achieve as a blogger?
I will try to improve my blog. My goal for next year is trying to get a physical ARC which is challenging as an INTL reader.
You can find Hamad here: