I’m back with my monthly wrap up! A few days late but no matter. February was an interesting month. I didn’t read as much as I’d hoped but I still ended up reading some really good books and found some new favourites. I’m having a pretty great start to March so here’s to hoping it lasts and I can bring you some great book reviews.
1. All Along You Were Blooming by Morgan Harper Nichols – ★★★★ || A very healing piece of poetry. I have a bit of a hard time when it comes to poetry books but this one easily fit into my heart. (Thanks to Libro.FM and the publishers for the gifted review copy)
2. Miles Morales: Shock Waves by Justin A. Reynolds and Pablo Leon – ★★★★ || Loved this! The cutest graphic novel. The story was touching and the art was amazing and matched the story perfectly. (Thanks to the publishers for the gifted review copy)
3. Bridge of Souls by Victoria Schwab – ★★★★ || One of the best middle grade series I’ve read, and the third book was no exception. Loved Cass and Jacob’s adventures in this one. I’m really hoping we get more books because I’m really looking forward to seeing more of these characters. (Thanks to the publishers for the gifted review copy)
4. Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama – ★★★★ || The cutest manga series! I’ve only read the first volume but I already know I’ll be continuing. It’s so precious and I love the magic and our little witches.
5. The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen – ★★★★★ || Went into this one with little to no expectations. Hardly even knew what it was about but I enjoyed it so so much! It was fast paced and such a fun read. Definitely a favourite!
6. The Death of Jane Lawrence by Caitlin Starling – ★★★★ || Such a creepy read! Wasn’t sure what I’d think about it but it kept me up all night. It was interesting, twisted, and so very immersive. (Thanks to the publishers for the gifted review copy)
7. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – ★★★★★ || Okay, this book right here is a masterpiece. I hardly read sci-fi books but this one was perfection. Couldn’t put this book down. Loved the characters and loved the world. One of those series that I wish I had started sooner.
8. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon – ★★★★★ || The sequel to The Bone Season was so much more epic than book one! So much happened here and the ending had me screaming. Had to pick up the third book after that.
8. The Pale Dreamer by Samantha Shannon – ★★★★ || This was a novella and set before The Bone Season. A really quick read and one I enjoyed quite a lot.
The only two that I’m adding to my tbr for the month are Ayesha At Last and Hana Khan Carries On. Both by the same author and both books I’m super excited to start.