Long time no post! I feel like I’ve taken the longest break from blogging. As much as I enjoyed the time off I did really miss writing. Hopefully, by the time this goes up, I’ll have more posts and reviews coming. September was a really good reading month! I read a lot of books based on my mood so even the genres were all over the place. Definitely not complaining because I honestly had the best time and I found a few new favourites that I can’t stop recommending. Read on to see what I read last month!
1. Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend – ★★★★★ || Officially one of my favourite middle grade series! I love these books so much. Book two was really good. Didn’t think it could get better than it already way but I was proven wrong.
2. Beast Boy Loves Raven by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo – ★★★★ || I love this graphic novel series! I read both Beast Boy and Ravens stories and loved them so seeing a joint graphic novel was great. (Thank you DC Comics for the gifted review copy!)
3. Oddball by Sarah Andersen – ★★★★ || I love Sarah Anderson’s books! They’re always so funny and relatable. I definitely laughed at every one of these 😂 (Thank you Andrews McMeel Publishing for the gifted review copy!)
4. Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney – ★★★★★ || Most of the mystery/thriller novels I’ve read have disappointed me. I don’t have many 5 star reads for the genre that’s for sure but this one took me by complete surprise! This book has been living in my head rent-free ever since I finished it. I loved this one completely!
5. The Final Child by Fran Dorricott – ★★★ || This book was definitely disturbing and I was on the edge of my seat a lot of the time. I did enjoy it (if that’s the right word) but it wasn’t as amazing as I thought it would be. I was left a bit disappointed in some places. (Thank you Titan Books for the gifted review copy!)
6. We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange – ★★★★★ || I haven’t read many family dramas but this one was very high on my tbr list when it came out. I absolutely loved it! I know for a lot of people this wasn’t a 5 star read but it definitely was for me. It gave me exactly what I was looking for and what can you do? If your heart says it feels like a 5 star read, then it is.
7. Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney – ★★★★ || I read Normal People a month or so back and loved it to bits. Was so excited to read this one and was lucky to have been given a gifted copy of the audiobook. Felt a bit different than Normal People but I still really enjoyed it. Not as much but still a very good read. (Thank you Librofm and Macmillan Audio for the gifted audio copy!)
8. The love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood – ★★★★★ || Now I don’t read romance often but after reading this synopsis I knew I wanted to read it! I’m obsessed with this book. It delivered on everything and I can’t stop talking about it! (Thank you Penguin Random House International for the gifted review copy!)
9. ExtraOrdinary Volume 1 by V.E. Schwab – ★★★★ || Vicious is one of my favourite book series by V.E. Schwab and I’ve been so excited about the graphic novels! Definitely a fun read. Really looking forward to the next issue. (Thank you Titan Comics for the gifted review copy!)
10. Gallant by Victoria Schwab – ★★★★ || This book was in true Victoria Schwab fashion. Addicting and with a story that’s so easy to lose yourself in. I’m so grateful that I got the chance to read this one early! Definitely think everyone will enjoy this. (Thank you Greenwillow Books for the gifted review copy!)
11. White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson – ★★★★★ || This was my first book by Tiffany D. Jackson and it definitely won’t be my last! My goodness, this book was so much fun to read. Honestly had me spooked for most of it and then the last quarter came along and just blew my mind. There was so much I wasn’t expecting. This book just slaps.
12. The Vanderbeekers Make a Wish by Karina Yan Glaser – ★★★★ || And the 5th book in one of my favourite middle-grade series is out! Love these stories and this one was not an exception.
What were your favourite reads in September?