And my complete 2019 reading challenge is here!
Now that was a tiring challenge to come up with. Super excited to be sharing this with all of you though! The list has 52 fun categories to start your 2019 reading. So, let me explain each category in a bit more detail.
If you share this please add the hashtag so I can find you #2019RC
- Becoming a movie in 2019: We all know there are plenty of books being adapted in 2019. This category can include movie and tv shows. The list is endless!
- Book released in 2019: I think it’s safe to say that this one is self explanatory.
- Villain/Anti-hero: A list of books for this category can be found here.
- By a female author: Here are some lists.
- By a male author: Here are some lists.
- Mental Health: This can be a book about mental health or a book of any genre that has mental health representation.
- Recommended by a friend: Have a friend recommend a book! Real friend, twitter friend, or all the wonderful book bloggers out there.
- Book Club book: Whethere it’s a chosen book from your own book club, one that you joined, or a celebrity book club.
- Recommended by a favorite celebrity: you can check out Bookbub.
- Backlist book: Any book published before 2019.
- Goodreads Awards winner: We’ve all seen the winners of this years Goodreads Choice Awards so choose a 2018 winner of any category.
- Book from a jar: Pick a jar and add to it some book titles that you want to read, and pick one out without looking at it. A bit of a creative way in choosing what to read.
- Audiobook: Never tried an audiobook? well now is your chance!
- Murder Mystery
- Young Adult
- Middle Grade
- One word title
- Sci-fi / Dystopia
- Graphic Novel: Graphic novels, Manga or comics.
- New York times bestseller
- Author’s first book: The first book an author ever wrote.
- Published the year you were born
- A book your parent loves
- Pick a book with your eyes closed: Stand in front of your shelf and pick a book without looking!
- Takes place in the future
- By an author with your initial
- Set on a different planet
- Story within a story: This is when a character from a story narrates the story.
- Around the world: Pick a country and dive into a book either written about it or by an author from that country.
- Self help
- Chick lit
- Recommended by a favorite author
- Historical fiction
- Diverse reads: Now this category includes everything diverse!
- A Play
- Read…If you liked…: Pick a favorite book or a book that you enjoyed and see what books are similar or have the same themes.
- Book based on your Hogwarts house: Are you a Gryyfindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin? Find books that are recommended to your house!
- Magical book
- Short book
- At the bottom of your TBR
- Based on the cover
Now these are all the categories but we also have levels.
Level 1: Finish 1 book in each category
Level 2: Finish 2 books in each category
Level 3: Finish 3 books in each category
The point of this challenge though is to not stress ourselves out. I know the list is long but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Althout there are levels you do not have to follow them.
- You can set a goal for the challenge like finish 26 categories or even finish 3! The point is for you to enjoy so please don’t feel pressured to finish it.
2019 Reading Challenge Template: