Welcome to the Unapologetically Muslim Reading Challenge!
My favorite 2020 project yet! This has been in the making for some time now, and I’m finally ready to announce it. I’m dedicating my 2020 to reading more books by Muslim authors. I want to show my support for Muslim authors who do their best to bring us the representation we’ve been waiting for, and the representation that we feel proud of and to raise our voices in literature.
If the book is by a Muslim author then it counts towards this reading challenge. This isn’t really a challenge it’s mostly to support Muslim authors so no rivalry here. The books can be new releases or backlist titles. Release date does not matter. The book can be in any format you’d like so physical, digital, and audiobooks are all counted towards this (Review copies as well). Any genre and any length or language.
This challenge begins today, April 2nd and ends December 31st 2020. Any book you read within this time definitely counts.
Want to join? here’s how:
- Let me know if you’re going to participate on any platform you feel comfortable with! (Blog, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Share whatever reads you intend to tackle. It doesn’t have to be a set TBR and you can change the books whenever you want.
- Share you reads by tagging me and use the hashtag #Unapollogeticallymuslim2020
- If you do post about joining on any of your platforms do tag me! I’d love to see your posts ❤
Things to look out for:
- There will be some interviews with Muslim authors to look forward to!
- I’ll be recommending books by Muslim authors on here a few times a month to help you find some interesting titles.
- I will be hosting some readathons for certain titles by Muslim authors to keep things interesting and to give us some books to discuss!
I’d also like to suggest Nadia at Headscarves and Hardbacks latest post where she compiled a list of 20+ books by Muslim authors releasing in 2020!
You’ll find so many amazing books to read and look out for!
I hope you’ll be joining me in this challenge. If you have any books by Muslim authors that you’d like to recommend please let me know!